Participants registration is now closed
You have been assigned to an ATPESC contact person to assist you with any of your ATPESC-related questions or concerns, and to make changes to your travel arrangements. The first letter of your last name determines your ATPESC contact person:
Your designated ATPESC contact person will follow up with you two weeks after you register with the details regarding your travel itinerary.
TRAVEL, LODGING & MEALS BENEFITS
- U.S. domestic flights
Your ATPESC contact person will need to arrange your flight through the Argonne Travel Department. Travel dates are:
- Arrival: Sunday, July 30, 2017. However, West Coast (California, Seattle, etc.) participants will have the option to arrive on Saturday, July 29, 2017.
- Departure: Friday, August 11, 2017
Your flights will be scheduled to arrive between 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on July 30, and to depart at around 3:00 p.m. on August 11. When registering, please give your flight preferences. You will have the opportunity to approve your itinerary prior to booking.
- International flights
International flights are not covered. Participants flying from outside the U.S. will need to book their own flights in such a way that they ensure attendance during the full program (Sunday, July 30 through Friday, August 11, 2017).
- Ground transportation to/from the Chicago-area airports
- Ground transportation for U.S. domestic and International flight travelers is covered only through the Limousine Service or ATPESC bus provided.
- Once your travel and lodging arrangements are made, your ATPESC contact person will provide additional information about that service. Participants will share a bus to the airport for the departure. If you are traveling with non-event travel companions, you will need to provide a credit card for those charges separately.
- Rental cars are not covered.
Local participants who are driving will be reimbursed for mileage/tolls only. Please provide your ATPESC contact person with a Google map confirming mileage (round-trip) from your home to the event location.
- Lodging is at the single-occupancy ATPESC group rate at the event venue. Your ATPESC contact person will handle your lodging arrangements via our online registration system. Lodging dates covered are Sunday, July 30 through Thursday, August 10, 2017. However, International travelers and West Coast (California, Seattle, etc.) travelers arriving on Saturday, July 29 will be also eligible for lodging that additional day. Your room reservation will be based on the travel itinerary you provide when you register.
- Local participants are also eligible for housing at the single-occupancy ATPESC group rate and encouraged to stay at the event venue the whole duration of the program. When registering, please provide your lodging preferences.
Please make reference when you register if you are traveling with non-event travel companions, or if you require additional amenities or services (you will be billed separately by the hotel). Upon hotel check-in, the hotel reception desk will request a personal credit card for extra charges incurred to your room during your stay (i.e., any upgrades, or amenities).
Daily Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and breaks) are provided with the following exceptions:
- Sunday, July 30 – no breakfast or lunch provided
- Saturday, August 5 – no dinner provided
- Sunday, August 6 – no breakfast or lunch provided
- Friday, August 11 – no lunch or dinner provided
Notes: Meals for non-event travel companions are not included. If you have dietary requirements, please specify these as you register.
In order to receive ALCF computer access for ATPESC and site access for the Argonne National Laboratory Tour (if interested) we require identification:
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- State ID
ATPESC is delighted to welcome all of its international attendees and would like to make the process as seamless as possible. Please carefully review the US Visa Application procedures and VISA Waiver Program.
You will need to fill out additional online documentation requiring the completion of a Visit/Assignment Request (ANL-593). This is done to show you are in legal status; meaning your immigration and naturalization paperwork is current. ATPESC staff will contact you for copies of any required documents prior to the event.
ARGONNE NATIONAL LABORATORY TOUR
A special tour of Argonne National Laboratory is scheduled for Saturday, August 5 (after lunch). This very popular tour includes the Argonne Leadership Computing Facility (Data Center and Visualization Laboratory – ALCF), the Advanced Photon Source (APS), the Nuclear Energy Exhibit (NEE) and if available, the Argonne Tandem Linac Accelerator System (ATLAS). Please sign up for the tour on the ATPESC registration site if you plan to attend (see details).
To tour Argonne, you will need to provide your original documentation to the guards at the Argonne entrance:
- Please bring valid U.S Driver’s License, State ID or Passport.
- Please bring an original passport, original visa, and/or I-94 or I-94W (Departure Record). If the expiration date on the I-94 or I-94W reads D/S (Duration of Status), you must have supporting immigration documentation (i.e., I-20, DS-2019). Foreign nationals arriving at the gate without the appropriate in-status immigration and naturalization service documentation will be denied access for the tour. Also, we suggest you keep your documentation with you at all times.
ATPESC 2017 REGISTRATION