The call for applications is now closed
All doctoral students, postdocs, and computational scientists are encouraged to apply to our intensive two-week course.
ATPESC provides advanced training to 60 participants. Qualified applicants must have:
- Substantial experience in MPI and/or OpenMP programming
- Used at least one HPC system for a reasonably complex application
- Plans to conduct computational science and engineering (CS&E) research on large-scale computers
- March 10, 2017 – Deadline for applications
- April 10, 2017 – Notification of acceptance
- April 21, 2017 – Registration deadline for accepted applicants
- April 28, 2017 – Registration deadline for wait-listed applicants
Applicants must commit to attend the entire program. If they fail to do so, they will be responsible for their travel, lodging and meal expenses. All required documents must be submitted as one PDF file.
Your application must include (in this order):
- Purpose for attending the training program and description of computing experience
- Note: the curriculum of the training program is geared for participants with substantial MPI and/or OpenMP programming experience who have used an HPC system for a reasonably complex application and have conducted or are preparing to conduct CS&E research on large-scale computers. Please be prepared to describe in detail your previous experience with HPC systems (e.g. size of simulations, kind of systems, experience as user and/or developer, software and solvers used, etc.) and your future CS&E plans on leadership-class supercomputers. This part of the application should be no longer than two pages. Please include your Name, Job title and Institution at the top of the document.
- Curriculum Vitae
- One letter of recommendation from an advisor, supervisor or referee
- Note: if your advisor, supervisor or referee wants to keep private the letter of recommendation, you do not need to include this document in the final PDF file. Your advisor, supervisor or referee can send it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be included in your application.
Please do not include in your application any article, additional letters or other document that is not one of the three mentioned above.
When you have compiled all of the documents listed above:
- Create one PDF file with all items
- Log in to EasyChair to apply for ATPESC 2017
On the EasyChair application form:
Please use standard capitalization (i.e., “Chris Smith”; not “CHRIS SMITH” nor “chris smith”).
- For the Author Information, complete the Author 1 fields with your information and leave blank the other authors.
- For the Title, use your first and last name followed by “Application”
EXAMPLE: John Doe Application
- For the Abstract, enter a short paragraph summarizing your purpose for attending and the name of the referee that will be submitting the letter of recommendation (if not included in your submission package).
- For the Keywords, enter your Citizenship, CS&E Field and Job Title
- Upload your PDF file
- Click on the submit button only once
If you have any questions, please contact ATPESC staff.