Applications for ATPESC 2023 are now closed
ATPESC provides advanced training to approximately 70 participants. Qualified applicants must have:
- Substantial experience in MPI and/or OpenMP programming. Equivalent experience with Data Science frameworks will also be considered.
- Experience using at least one HPC system for a reasonably complex application.
- Plans to conduct computational science and engineering (CSE) research on large-scale computers.
Anyone who has attended ATPESC in a previous year is not eligible to apply. If you were accepted to a previous ATPESC but opted out of the virtual event, you may re-apply.
Applicants are expected to be proficient in English in order to take full advantage of this training program. Results from TOEFL/IELTS/PTE examinations are not required.
Applicants must commit to attend the entire program. If they fail to do so, they will be responsible for their travel, lodging, and meal expenses.
***We recommend you subscribe to our mailing list to receive reminders and updates.
- February 16, 2023 – ATPESC Live Q&A (part of ECP Community BoF Days) – Slides and video
- March 8, 2023 at 11:59PM, Anywhere on Earth (UTC-12) – EXTENDED Deadline to submit applications
- May 16, 2023 – Expected notification of acceptance
- July 30-August 11, 2023 – ATPESC 2023 takes place in Chicago Area
Your application must include:
1. Statement of Purpose (SOP)
This document should include your purpose for attending the training program, a description of your computing experience, and your current/future CSE research plans. This part of the application should be no longer than two pages. Please include your First and Last Name, Job Title, and Institution at the top of the document.
- Note: the curriculum of the training program is geared for participants with substantial MPI, OpenMP, and/or Data Science framework programming experience who have used an HPC system for a reasonably complex application and have conducted or are preparing to conduct CSE research on large-scale computers. Please be prepared to describe in detail your previous experience with HPC systems (e.g., size of simulations, kind of systems, experience as user and/or developer, software and solvers used, etc.) and your future CSE plans on leadership-class supercomputers. Specific details about your experience in relation to the Eligibility Criteria are essential to a successful application. Be clear about your personal contributions to any group projects.
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
The submitted CV must provide all science and technology specialties, all work positions and current/accurate names of all academic institutions attended with no gaps in time.
3. Letter of recommendation (LOR)
One letter of recommendation from an advisor or supervisor. The recommendation should address your experience with respect to the eligibility requirements. It should include specific details about your experience and personal contributions to group projects, in relation to the Eligibility Criteria.
- Note: if your advisor or supervisor wants to make a confidential recommendation, they should send it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org before the submission deadline. When ATPESC support staff receive it they will attach it to your application. Please note that you are still responsible for ensuring final submission by your advisor or supervisor. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Please do not include in your application any articles, additional letters, or other documents that are not among the three mentioned above.
When you have compiled all the documents listed above, log in to EasyChair to apply for ATPESC 2023
Important: on the EasyChair application form:
- Name: When asked for your name, use your full legal name as it appears on your government-issued photo ID (e.g., passport). Include your middle initial after your first name (or “NMI” if you have no middle initial). Please use standard capitalization. For example:
- First name: “John R.” Last name: “Smith”
- First name: “Mary NMI” Last name: “Johnson”
- Email: Please log in to EasyChair using the best email to reach you. The application will prompt you for an alternate email; you should provide your work email there if you did not use it initially.
- Title: Enter your full name
- Keywords: Enter 2023A, 2023B, 2023C (The values will not be used.)
- Scientific field: Please consult the list at https://extremecomputingtraining.anl.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/96/2022/12/ATPESC_List_of_Scientific_Fields-v1.pdf and enter the most appropriate one.
- Complete all other fields as directed including upload of your pdf files.
- Click on the submit button only once.
If you have any questions, please contact ATPESC staff.