Call for applications NOW OPEN
Doctoral students, postdocs, and computational scientists are encouraged to apply to our intensive two-week training program.
ATPESC provides advanced training to 70 participants. Qualified applicants must have:
- Substantial experience in MPI and/or OpenMP programming
- Experience using at least one HPC system for a reasonably complex application
- Plans to conduct computational science and engineering (CSE) research on large-scale computers
Anyone who has attended ATPESC in a previous year is not eligible to apply.
Applicants are expected to be proficient in English in order to take full advantage of this training program. Results from TOEFL/IELTS/PTE examinations are not required.
Applicants must commit to attend the entire program. If they fail to do so, they will be responsible for their travel, lodging and meal expenses.
- March 2, 2020 – Deadline for applications to be submitted
- April 13, 2020 – Notification of acceptance
- April 24, 2020 – Registration deadline for accepted applicants
- May 1, 2020 – Registration deadline for wait-listed applicants
Your application must include (in this order):
1. Statement of Purpose (SOP)
This document should include your purpose for attending the training program, a description of your computing experience, and your current/future CSE research plans. This part of the application should be no longer than two pages. Please include your First and Last Name, Job Title, and Institution at the top of the document.
- Note: the curriculum of the training program is geared for participants with substantial MPI and/or OpenMP programming experience who have used an HPC system for a reasonably complex application and have conducted or are preparing to conduct CSE research on large-scale computers. Please be prepared to describe in detail your previous experience with HPC systems (e.g., size of simulations, kind of systems, experience as user and/or developer, software and solvers used, etc.) and your future CSE plans on leadership-class supercomputers.
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
CVs must provide all science and technology specialties, all work positions with no gaps in time, and current/accurate names of all academic institutions attended.
3. Letter of recommendation (LOR)
One letter of recommendation from an advisor or supervisor.
- Note: if your advisor or supervisor wants to make a confidential recommendation, they should send it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org before the submission deadline. In that case, ATPESC support staff will attach it to your application. Please note that you are still responsible for ensuring final submission by your advisor or supervisor. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Please do not include in your application any articles, additional letters, or other documents that are not among the three mentioned above.
When you have compiled all the documents listed above:
- Please create one PDF file with all items: SOP, CV, and LOR (if not confidential).
- Log in to EasyChair to apply for ATPESC 2020
On the EasyChair application form:
Please use standard capitalization (i.e., “John Smith”; not “JOHN SMITH” nor “john smith”) and use your full legal name as it appears on your government-issued photo ID (e.g., passport).
- For the Author Information, complete the Author 1 fields with your information and leave the other author fields blank. Please enter legal first and last name as it appears on your government-issued documents.
- For the Title, use your legal first and last name followed by “Application” EXAMPLE: John Smith Application.
- For the Abstract, enter a short paragraph summarizing your purpose for attending and the name of the advisor or supervisor that will be submitting your letter of recommendation (if not included in your submission PDF file).
- For the Keywords, enter your Country of Citizenship, CSE Field (from the list linked here) and Job Title (Ph.D. student, Postdoc, Scientist, Researcher, Engineer, etc).
- Upload your PDF file.
- Click on the submit button only once.
If you have any questions, please contact ATPESC staff.