PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR:
Lecturers, Lecturers Support Staff and ATPESC Support Staff
Lecturers and Lecturers Support Staff , you have been assigned to an ATPESC contact person, which depends on the Track that you are part of or if you are a Dinner Speaker. Your designated ATPESC contact person is standing by to assist you with any of your travel ATPESC-related questions or concerns, and to make changes to your travel arrangements. See Tracks numbers and assignments below:
LIST OF TRACKS:
- Track 1 – Hardware Architectures (Mon, 7/29)
- Track 2 – Programming Models and Languages (Tue, 7/30 – Thu, 8/1)
- Track 3 – Data Intensive Computing and I/O (Fri, 8/2)
- Track 4 – Visualization and Data Analysis (Mon, 8/5)
- Track 5 – Numerical Algorithms and Software for Extreme-Scale Science (Tue, 8/6)
- Track 6 – Performance Tools and Debuggers (Wed, 8/7)
- Track 7 – Software Productivity (Thu, 8/8)
- Track 8 – Machine Learning and Deep Learning for Science (Fri, 8/9)
- Lecturers and Lecturers Support Staff:
Your designated ATPESC contact person will follow up with you after you register with the details regarding your travel itinerary.
LODGING, MEALS & TRAVEL BENEFITS
Lodging is at the single-occupancy ATPESC group rate at the event venue for air travelers only or anyone traveling more than 50 miles. Our staff will handle your lodging arrangements via our online registration system. Your room reservation will be based on your travel itinerary that you provide when you register.
When you register, please indicate if you are attending with non-event travel companions, or if you require additional amenities or services (you will be billed separately by the hotel). Upon hotel check-in, the hotel reception desk will request a personal credit card for extra charges incurred to your room during your stay (i.e., companion, any upgrades, or amenities).
If you are a Local Traveler (i.e. anyone traveling under 50 miles), lodging is not covered by the program. Please indicate at the time of registration that housing is not being requested and select one of the Day Meeting Packages that will better fit your needs.
The meals that are provided (breakfast/lunch/dinner) depend on the Meeting Package (Overnight or Day) that you specify during the registration process. Please read carefully all the options and packages available before selecting one. The following exceptions apply to all attendees:
- Sunday, July 28 – no breakfast or lunch provided
- Saturday, August 3 – no lunch or dinner provided
- Sunday, August 4 – no lunch provided
Note: Meals for non-event travel companions are not included. If you have dietary requirements, please specify these as you register.
- U.S. domestic flights
Your ATPESC contact person will need to arrange your flight through the Argonne travel department. When registering please give your flight preferences. You will have the opportunity to approve your itinerary prior to booking. Special arrangements will be evaluated case by case. Please indicate them at the time of registration.
- International flights
International flights are not covered.
- Ground transportation to/from the Chicago-area airports (round-trip)
- Ground transportation for U.S. domestic and international flights is covered only through the ATPESC provided Limousine Service.
- Once your travel and hotel arrangements are made, your ATPESC contact person will email you information about the Limousine Service portal to make your limousine travel arrangements. If you are traveling with non-event travel companions, you will need to provide a credit card for those charges separately.
- Rental cars are not covered.
- Local Lecturers and Lecturers/ATPESC Support Staff who are driving will be reimbursed for travel expenses that represent an incremental cost above normal commuting costs. For example, Argonne will compare the mileage for your normal daily commute (home to/from work) with the mileage for your ATPESC attendance (home to/from Q Center) and will reimburse the mileage difference if the local travel incurred into additional mileage. Please provide your ATPESC contact person with a Google map confirming mileage (round-trip) from your home to the event location.
If you require computer access to ALCF or any of the other ATPESC Resources for your ATPESC Hands-on exercises please let your Track Lead know and share your plans with him/her (accounts required, resources required, reservations, duration, etc.) as soon as possible. In addition, please note that for ALCF computer access we require identification:
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- State ID
ATPESC welcomes its international attendees and would like to make the process as seamless as possible. Please carefully review the US Visa Application procedures and VISA Waiver Program.
You will need to fill out additional online documentation requiring the completion of a Visit/Assignment Request (ANL-593). This is done to show you are in legal status; meaning your immigration and naturalization paperwork is current. ATPESC staff will contact you for copies of any required documents prior to the event.
ATPESC 2019 REGISTRATION